VanAntwerp made his Broadway debut in 2011 after three years in the Toronto company and the show’s national tour. His off-Broadway credits include That Other Woman’s Child and Take Me America. Jersey Boys alum Quinn VanAntwerp re-joins the Broadway cast as The Four Seasons lyric mastermind Bob Gaudio on September 23, taking over from Drew Gehling. The Tony-winning tuner continues to play the August Wilson Theatre. View Comments Jersey Boys Jersey Boys tells the story of how Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons went from being unknown New Jersey kids to international pop superstars. The show features over 30 hit songs, including “Sherry,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry” and “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You.” In addition to VanAntwerp, the musical currently stars Richard H. Blake as Tommy DeVito, Matt Bogart as Nick Massi and Ryan Molloy as Frankie Valli. Related Shows from $59.00
DES MOINES — The U.S.D.A. will spend up to $36 million to buy Iowa land damaged by Missouri River flooding.The money to pay landowners comes from the U.S.D.A. Emergency Watershed Protection Program. Iowa property owners in the flood zone may apply to permanently turn the land over to the federal government for a “conversation easement.” The easements will be restored to the natural flood plain.The buy-outs are available for public or private farmland as well as residential properties damaged by flooding. Applications may be submitted at Natural Resources Conservation Service field offices through October 18.
Rebekah Jones, the woman who created Florida’s popular COVID-19 dashboard, has created a new one of her own. We apply the CDC’s guidance on counting “recovered” cases to show by-county estimates of the number of recovered people. This calculation includes all cases diagnosed more than six weeks ago where no death, hospitalization or ER admission is on file. Jones was fired from the Florida Department of Health last month, for what she says was her refusal to censor data in order to support the state’s reopening plan.Gov. Ron DeSantis later said in a news conference that she had been terminated for insubordination, and for adding data on the website against the judgement of state doctors.The governor added that she is facing open criminal charges for sexual cyber-harassment and cyberstalking.In an interview with CNN, Jones said that she disagreed with state officials over COVID-19 data in rural counties, explaining that some information showed several rural counties did not meet the criteria to reopen. She claims her supervisors changed the criteria for reopening rural counties soon thereafter.“If refusing to mislead the public during a health crisis is insubordination, then I will wear that badge with honor,” Jones said. The Florida COVID Community Action website uses a “community-mapping approach,” in which the data is scaled to the local level. Members of the community can submit data instantly online, according to Jones.She says her new website shows the most up-to-date statistics along with “other data Florida leaders have previously tried to hide or restrict from public view.”People can search for the latest data in their counties, in addition to testing locations and hours, community events to help those struggling during the pandemic, and submit information about resources in their communities.A statement on the website rads:We count everyone who has had a confirmed-positive COVID-19 lab result, including antibody testing. Any cumulative count of positive people in Florida should include any person who has a confirmed-positive lab result, whether tested while symptomatic or not. This helps us better track the disease burden on healthcare systems and its spread in the community. We show the number of positive people, hospitalizations, and deaths for everyone tested in Florida, regardless of their legal address. DOH excludes non-residents from its demographic data, zip code data, death data, and case data over time.
Louise Harrison, older sister of the late Beatle George Harrison, is working to Help Keep Music Alive—the music her brother spent his life creating.Today, Harrison’s music is being learned and performed by young, aspiring musicians in schools all across the country.Harrison was in New York City this week to promote a recently released CD of music the Beatles recorded 50 years ago when they made their first studio recordings in Hamburg, Germany.And while she is on the media circuit, Harrison is taking the opportunity to raise awareness about her latest effort to promote music education through her organization, Help Keep Music Alive.The nonprofit organization raises money for school music programs via performances by a Beatles tribute band, the Liverpool Legends, which travels to high schools and colleges.Help Keep Music Alive, were George’s words, his sister noted, and this work will be “carrying on in the spirit of what he wanted.”Harrison, who was speaking from New York by telephone on Tuesday (the 10th anniversary of George Harrison’s death from cancer), said this program grew out of a public service announcement George did in conjunction with the 1995 movie “Mr. Holland’s Opus”, about a dedicated high school music teacher, in which George stressed the importance of education and encouraged young people to take their musical aspirations seriously.The program, still in its very early stages, would like to partner with schools that have performance spaces capable of holding 800 or more, arranging a Liverpool Legends appearance at the school with band members portraying the Fab Four during various stages of their career. The Liverpool Legends will incorporate some of the school’s students into their show, giving the young artists a showcase, and the proceeds from the performances, with the exception of expenses, would go to the educational institution.The band has performed for schools four times so far, with two taking place in Chicago last weekend. And at one of the shows, Harrison said, a 16-year-old musician approached the “George” character afterwards saying, “This is an evening that I will be able to tell my grandchildren.”“It was really, really gratifying,” to hear that, she said.And who knows what that student may achieve one day, she observed.Louise has lived in the U.S. since around 1963, but still possesses that distinctive Liverpool lilt, that, for those of a certain generation, immediately conjures up images of John, Paul George and Ringo in the skinny suits and mop-top haircuts of the early ‘60s. Louise told of her brother’s beginnings in music. When George was about 14 he saw an early performance of Elvis Presley on TV, “with the girls screaming and everything,” and it struck him, Louise said. A few nights later George approached his mother and asked, “Hey, Mum, do you think you could buy me a guitar? I think that is the kind of job I could do.”“A typical 14-year-old boy’s idea, let me do something that would make all the girls scream,” Louise said. With the guitar, he continued to hone his playing his entire life and career. “All the time, his whole life, he was saying, ‘I hope one day I could be good at this,’” she recalled.That early innocence and vitality and raw energy is on this CD, “The Beatles with Tony Sheridan: First Recordings 50th Anniversary Edition, Louise explained. And that is reflected on the CD’s cover with the four band members (with Peter Best, in the days before Ringo joined as drummer), clad as American rockers in Brylcreem-ed hair, leather jackets, white tee shirts and leather jackets, expressing their joy in early American rock and roll.“You get a sense they were starting to get to be pretty proficient musicians,” when you listen to this recording, she said.And from there they grew and matured as artists, spreading a musical message that still resonates today, 40 years after the breakup of the band.“Their message was just so positive,” Louise said, “to encourage people to be loving and caring about each other, to care about the home you live in, the planet that we live on,” she explained, “and to try to live together in peace and harmony.”“All these things, they’re messages that have been given to humanity throughout the ages,” Harrison noted.All you need is love.
Team Kootenay then ran into two very tough teams from Thompson Okanagan and Fraser River-Delta, losing 5-0 and 7-1 respectively.Fraser River-Delta did not lose a game during the entire tournament, taking home the gold medal.The only goal of the tournament Fraser River-Delta allowed was scored by Castlegar’s Josh Fogal.In the consolation round, Team Kootenay ran into some bad luck losing to Vancouver Island/Central Coast 3-1.Team Kootenay held a 1-0 lead on the Lower Mainland zone on a goal by Cranbrook’s Jordan Klassen before the players ran out of gas.”Due to some logistical errors by the games organizers earlier in the day — the bus missed picking the team up, our boys had not had breakfast or lunch (the lunches were late being delivered and did not arrive in time to get to us before our game,” Dyck explained.”In the second half we continued strong initially, but by the midpoint of the second half you could see the boys running out of gas.”In the seventh-eighth matchup, Team Kootenay once again outlasted North West 3-1. Klassen, Mikey Stambulic of Cranbrook and Midway’s Sam Foy scored for Team Kootenay. A few breaks one way or another and Team Kootenay may have finished up the standings at the recent 2012 B.C. Summer Games last month in Surrey.The team, coached by Kerry Dyck and James Baxter of Nelson and Michael Stambulic of Cranbrook, finished the boy’s soccer tournament with a 2-3 record and seventh place in the province.”In the end it was a very positive experience,” said head coach Kerry Dyck. “Most of all, the camaraderie we developed as a team (they are a terrific group of boys and it was a real pleasure to work with them and I am extremely proud of them) and just being part of the experience of the BC Summer Games were real highlights,” Dyck added.Six of the players on the team were from Nelson — Milo Baranyai-Sheppard, Thomas Baxter, Jaden Dyck, Ezra Foy, Angus Paterson and Jesse Thurston — and two players were from Castlegar — Josh Fogal — and Midway — Sam Foy.The rest of the players were from Cranbrook.Nelson opened the round robin by bouncing North West 3-1.Cody Sugihara of Cranbrook scored twice while Jesse Thurston added a single.
Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces Check out this “Shit Android Fanatics Say” video. Could this guy be any more grating? Get it out of your system in the comments below. You’ll feel so much better.Hat tip to Android and Me, our sister site, for spotting this video by Mobile Phone Finder in Australia.It appears to be a response to September’s “Shit Apple Fanatics Say, Part 1” from the same outfit: The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology dan lyons Tags:#Android#Apple#iPhone#mobile What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … Related Posts
Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. FEU managed to limit Ateneo to a paltry 26-of-71 shooting while going 31-of-63.The Tamaraws outplayed the Blue Eagles in the third quarter as they went on a 20-6 run that saw them take a 58-44 lead and never looked back.“Of course, it’s sad that we lost,” said Ateneo’s Mike Nieto in Filipino. “That’s life, you just have to move on especially now we’re in a tough position. “I think we weren’t us who played in the game earlier and we weren’t in the moment. We didn’t enjoy the game a while back.”ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Read Next View comments Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games FEU, though, had other plans in mind as the fourth-seeded Tamaraws derailed the Blue Eagles’ march to the finals, 80-67.READ: Tamaraws force deciding game, stun Blue EaglesFEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“We weren’t ourselves and FEU played great,” said Ateneo forward Thirdy Ravena.“It was a different FEU and we have to prepare for that and it’s going to be the same on Wednesday. They’re going to play with more intensity so we have to prepare.” Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netAteneo, the top-seeded team in the UAAP Season 80 men’s basketball tournament, displayed an unabashed confidence minutes before it faced Far Eastern University in the Final Four.The Blue Eagles were loose as they ran and jumped around in the back area of Smart Araneta Coliseum, and they needed just one win to advance to the Finals and face off against defending champion De La Salle.ADVERTISEMENT Kris Aquino ‘pretty chill about becoming irrelevant’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA Standhardinger, Hong Kong foil Alab Pilipinas comeback LATEST STORIES
Uruguayan football player Luis Suarez may miss the rest of the 2014 World Cup, and more. FIFA is probing accusations of him biting Italian player Giorgio Chiellini during the Uruguay-Italy game on Tuesday.Pictures show Suarez sitting on the ground holding his teeth immediately after the incidentA furious Giorgio Chiellini said he had been bitten by Suarez during the South Americans’ 1-0 Group D victory at the World Cup on Tuesday, and Reuters photographs showed what appeared to be bite marks on his shoulder.Pictures also showed Suarez sitting on the ground holding his teeth immediately after the incident.VIDEO: Why does Suarez bite people? The probe means Suarez, twice previously banned for biting, looks set to be hit with another lengthy suspension despite escaping punishment during the match.”FIFA can confirm that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the player Luis Suarez of Uruguay,” the world soccer body said in a statement late on Tuesday.FIFA said Suarez and the Uruguayan soccer association had until 5 p.m. Brasilia time (2000 GMT) on Wednesday to “provide their position and any documentary evidence they deem relevant”.FIFA is probing what it called an apparent breach of two articles of the organisation’s disciplinary code. One covers infringements and the other offensive behaviour and fair play.Suarez and Chiellini clashed in the Italian penalty area 10 minutes from the end of the match which sealed Uruguay’s progression and Italy’s elimination from the tournament.Chiellini furiously pulled open his shirt to show the mark to the referee, while a Uruguayan player attempted to calm the situation and pull the shirt back in place over the mark.advertisementThe Italians were still complaining about it when Uruguay’s Diego Godin scored with an 81st-minute header to secure the win.”It was ridiculous not to send Suarez off,” Chiellini told Rai TV. “It is clear, clear-cut and then there was the obvious dive afterwards because he knew very well that he did something that he shouldn’t have done.”Suarez contested the Italian’s version of events, however.”Those are situations that happen on the pitch. We were both just there inside the area. He shoved me with his shoulder, and my eye got left like that also,” he said in reference to Chiellini’s mark.Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez said he did not see the incident, and complained that the forward was being persecuted.”It seems there is this animosity toward him and he is being persecuted by past events,” a visibly agitated Tabarez said when repeatedly being asked about the alleged bite. “There are people hiding behind the tree waiting for something to happen.”TEN-GAME BANLiverpool’s Suarez was banned for 10 games last year after biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic in a Premier League match and in 2010 he was suspended for seven games for a similar offence against PSV Eindhoven’s Otman Bakkal while playing for Ajax Amsterdam.He missed Uruguay’s World Cup semi-final against the Netherlands four years ago after being sent off for a handball on the line that denied Ghana what would have been a match-winning goal in the final minute of extra time.FIFA’s rules allow the use of video or “any other evidence” to retrospectively punish players.FIFA’s disciplinary code sets a maximum ban of 24 matches or two years, but the longest suspension FIFA has imposed for an offence at a World Cup was eight games for Italy’s Mauro Tassotti for breaking Spain’s Luis Enrique’s nose in 1994 with an elbow.Uruguay could potentially play four more games in the tournament, and it would be a surprise if Suarez were to be given a ban of a shorter duration.SUPPORT AT HOMEOpinion in Uruguay, a country of around three million people sandwiched between soccer powerhouses Argentina and Brazil, was divided over Suarez’s latest antics.The 27-year-old is regarded as something of a hero at home, having grown up in a poor family in the northwestern city of Salto, where he looked after parked cars to help support his siblings after his parents split up.”We needed to win, so if you have to hit you hit, if you have to bite you bite,” said Barbara Giordano, a 26-year-old law student in Montevideo.Some Uruguayans, however, were furious.”This kid can’t control his biting and attacking issues,” said Luis Lara, a 52-year-old shopkeeper. “That makes all of us Uruguayans look bad.”Suarez’s indiscretion sent the world’s social media into meltdown and within minutes of the match ending ‘#Suarez’ was one of the top-trending hash tags on Twitter.A tweet from former Liverpool striker Michael Owen was typical of a wave of reaction from former players and pundits: “Tell me I’m seeing things. Surely Suarez didn’t bite someone again?,” he wrote.advertisement”I’m genuinely gutted. I love watching him play more than any other player but he obviously can’t control himself.”Suarez, England’s Footballer of the Year, scored both goals in Uruguay’s 2-1 victory over England having missed the opening match as he recovered from knee surgery, and until the incident had kept control of his temper during a bruising game.
Juventus forward Ronaldo: I’m not obsessed with individual awardsby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo denies being obsessed with individual awards.Ronaldo says he doesn’t live to break records and leaving the national team was his decision, although he will return in 2019.”I’m not obsessed with individual prizes,” said Ronaldo. “The important thing is helping the team, always, and therefore the rest arrives naturally.”I don’t hide that I’m happy when I win but it’s not the end of the world if it can’t happen.”He added that “leaving the national team for a while after the Russia World Cup was the best decision” although he said he would be ready to come back in 2019. About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say