About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Newcastle boss Benitez: We need miracle for survivalby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveRafa Benitez has admitted Newcastle will need a “miracle” to avoid relegation this season. Toon are currently 15th on the table, five points ahead of the drop zone.Benitez said: “We have to be realistic and understand that we will be in the bottom half during the whole season.”For me, it is almost clear and if we can be better than three teams, it will be another miracle.”It was a miracle last year. People were thinking, ‘Oh, you finished 10th…’, but with a couple fewer wins, we could have been in the bottom five, so it was a miracle.”If we do the same this year with teams spending even more money than last year, it will be a miracle.”
Juventus forward Ronaldo: I’m not obsessed with individual awardsby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo denies being obsessed with individual awards.Ronaldo says he doesn’t live to break records and leaving the national team was his decision, although he will return in 2019.”I’m not obsessed with individual prizes,” said Ronaldo. “The important thing is helping the team, always, and therefore the rest arrives naturally.”I don’t hide that I’m happy when I win but it’s not the end of the world if it can’t happen.”He added that “leaving the national team for a while after the Russia World Cup was the best decision” although he said he would be ready to come back in 2019. About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
Juventus boss Sarri admits Man Utd target Mandzukic not training with squadby Paul Vegas7 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus boss Maurizio Sarri admits Mario Mandzukic is not training with his first team squad as he prepares for a January exit.The Croatian striker has been tipped to join Manchester United when the transfer window re-opens and bolster Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s attacking options. “Mandzukic is not training with us, in agreement with the club,” the Juve head coach told a news conference on Friday.”If the agreement changes, I am open to everything.”Sporting director Fabio Paratici confirmed talks with Mandzukic over his future this week.”With Mandzukic, we chose a quiet time for him to leave but a move to Qatar [in the summer] did not materialise so he stayed with us,” Paratici said.”Now we will talk to him and see what happens in January. We are evaluating, he is also evaluating. We need maximum calm, he is a great player.”It has been an added value in recent years, we must thank him. If he considers it appropriate to leave, we will satisfy him, otherwise he will consider other solutions.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
EDMONTON – After years of lobbying by health groups Alberta is finally moving to ban young people from using indoor tanning beds over growing fears about skin cancer.The government says youths under 18 will not be allowed to use ultraviolet tanning machines starting on Jan. 1.Businesses will also be prohibited from advertising such machines to minors and must post signs about the age restrictions and the dangers of UV tanning.“Research has shown that using artificial tanning when you are under 35 dramatically increases your risk for melanoma,” Health Minister Sarah Hoffman said Wednesday.“The changes we’re making will help protect our youth from a disease that affects hundreds of Albertans every year and gives Albertans better information about the risks of artificial tanning.”Alberta’s Skin Cancer Prevention (Artificial Tanning) Act was passed by the legislature in March 2015 but has just been proclaimed.The government said it needed time to consult with businesses and health groups before setting a date for the ban.Alberta is the only province that still allows people under the age of 18 to use indoor tanning equipment.The Canadian Cancer Society had been urging the NDP government to take action, warning the delay has been putting young people at risk of developing skin cancer, including potentially deadly melanoma.The society outlined its concerns about the delay to Hoffman in a letter on March 6.Dan Holinda, a Canadian Cancer Society spokesman, praised the government Wednesday for proclaiming the legislation.“Preventing teen use of artificial tanning equipment will reduce skin cancer, which, despite being highly preventable, is one of the fastest-rising cancers,” Holinda said in a release.“As a survivor of this disease myself, I want to thank the government for proclaiming this act — it will save lives.”Skin cancer is the most common cancer in Alberta and accounts for more than one-third of all new cancer cases.UV radiation exposure accounts for about 82 per cent of melanoma, which is the deadliest form of skin cancer.Melanoma is one of the fastest-growing preventable cancers and research indicates that using indoor tanning equipment during youth increases the risk of melanoma by nearly 60 per cent.The society estimates that one-third of 17-year-old girls have used tanning beds.In 2014, there were 665 new cases of melanoma in Alberta and 64 deaths due to the disease.
WASHINGTON – Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell says the Fed’s independence from political pressure plays a key role in enabling the central bank to fight inflation, stabilize the economy, and regulate the financial system.His remarks Friday come after Kevin Warsh, a former Fed official who President Donald Trump interviewed for the chairman post, said in an interview with Politico that Trump did not appear to view the Fed as an independent body. He said Trump was direct about how he thought interest rates should be managed.Powell warned against taking that independence for granted given its recent success in keeping inflation low.Powell warned, “We must not forget the lessons of the past, when a lack of central bank independence led to episodes of runaway inflation and subsequent economic contractions.”
BERLIN — German factory orders dropped in November, dragged down by a fall in demand from other eurozone countries.The Economy Ministry said Monday that overall orders were 1 per cent lower than in the previous month following a slight 0.2 per cent gain in October.The figure includes an 11.6-per cent drop in orders from elsewhere in the 19-nation eurozone, which more than cancelled out a 7.4 per cent gain a month earlier. Orders from inside Germany were up 2.4 per cent, and those from outside the eurozone rose 2.3 per cent.Factory orders are an important indicator for the German economy, Europe’s biggest, which shrank in the third quarter — though that drop was blamed to a large extent on one-time factors stemming from new car emissions standards.The Associated Press
Lucknow: BSP president Mayawati Tuesday attacked the Union government for resorting to “half-baked” demonetisation in 2016 and asked if the BJP would apologise for its “economic emergency” which compelled “rural masses to work as labourers”. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 8, 2016, had banned the old Rs 1000 and Rs 500 denomination notes with immediate effect. In a tweet, Mayawati said “Capitalists & super-rich may not have (been) affected much from the economic emergency of half-baked ‘notebandi’ but rural masses which is real India had (been) affected by it worst. People were forced to return to their villages and work as daily wagers for survival. Will the BJP apologise?” Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details In an earlier tweet, she blamed both the Congress and BJP governments for the poverty and unemployment in the country. “The curse of poverty and unemployment prevalent all around in the country is the result of wrong policies of the Congress and BJP governments. This problem can be resolved only by giving work to each hand as per the BSP policy and firm resolve which was given shape by extending employment to lakhs among the sarv samaj by my governments in UP,” she said.
Los Angeles: Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles have said that it was a “community decision” to bring the curtains down on their hit show ‘Supernatural’. The series, which will culminate with its 15th season, features the two actors as the Winchester brothers who hunt demons, ghosts, monsters, and other supernatural beings. Speaking at the “Supernatural” convention in Las Vegas, Padalecki said, “This was a community decision”. He further said that there was never any pressure from The CW network and the studio to wrap up show, reported Entertainment Weekly. Also Read – I have personal ambitions now: PriyankaAckles added that the show’s end was debated for months by both the cast and the crew. “Nobody wanted to see this show fizzle out. I think that it was everyone wanting to do the biggest service to the show that we could by going out strong. It just seemed like the writing was kind of on the wall as to when that was happening. “Everybody kind of felt that it was coming soon, and so it was just taking that leap of faith of going like, ‘Well guys, let’s get out the paint and paint that finish line because what we’ve accomplished is unlike any other’,” he said. The final season will consist of 20 episodes. The show is executive produced by Robert Singer, Andrew Dabb, Phil Sgriccia, Jeremy Carver, Eugenie Ross-Leming, and Brad Buckner. It is produced by Warner Bros Television, in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision.
The Argentina National Team manager, Lionel Scaloni, wanted to clear the doubts about the decision to leave Lionel Messi’s number ’10’ shirt alone.Recently in Argentina, there was a lot of controversy surrounding the number ’10’ shirt from the national team as the decision to leave the number alone was made recently until Lionel Messi returned. The local press went nuts over this decision, they feel like the Barcelona star doesn’t deserve such honor and they don’t want this to become a constant thing for Argentina. But there is a large number of journalists and fans who do understand why this decision was made, they want Lionel Messi back to the national team as soon as he has taken a proper break because they know he is still one of the best players in the world who still has a lot to give to Argentina. As a way to clear the doubts there were about this decision, interim manager Lionel Scaloni decided to come out and publicly explain how this decision was made before the international break and how all the players agreed on it.DECISIÓN | Lionel Scaloni: “La número ’10’ es exclusiva de Messi” @marca https://t.co/8GhqpmXrmq pic.twitter.com/qEm8uUZmLu— MARCA Claro Argentina (@MARCAClaroARG) September 10, 2018“The answer to this is very easy, the players who went to the last World Cup and came to these matches kept their number. Argentina’s number ’10’ shirt is Messi’s until he says whether he will stay in the national team or not, it’s as simple as that. The first sensation is that we still haven’t gotten a negative response in regards to that. I was the one who made that decision about the numbers, nobody suggested it but me. We will have to wait but in the meantime, the number ’10’ shirt is only Messi’s and I was the one who decided it. When the best player in the world is not on the field, the team loses, there is no doubt about that. The idea is to form the best possible squad that can make Messi feel comfortable when he is in it. But meanwhile, we will prepare a squad that understands what it means to play with this shirt and then we will see what happens with Lionel,” said Scaloni during a press conference this Monday.#SelecciónArgentina Scaloni: “La 10 es de Messi hasta que decida si sigue o no”: https://t.co/lcTS9dnkrz pic.twitter.com/Lmw4kDQ1H8— TyC Sports (@TyCSports) September 10, 2018Top 10 players who played for both Barcelona and Valencia Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to talk about the best players who represented both Barcelona and Valencia, prior to their La Liga encounter at Camp Nou this evening.Contacts with new managers.As the situation stands right now, there are still a few managers who are being contacted by AFA for the job as the National Team boss. The options are few but they are important, the most likely scenario right now could be that they won’t make a decision until 2019 and they are not still sure about the top candidate. One of the latest names who has been mentioned in the Argentina press is Gerardo Martino, a manager who already took the squad a few years ago and wasn’t able to take them to a title success back in 2015 and 2016 when Argentina reached two consecutive Copa America finals and lost both of them against the Chile national team. Martino is arguably one of the best options for the job due to his experience in major tournaments, but it’s still unclear if he would entertain the idea of taking the position again after the way he was sacked last time. Certainly, Lionel Messi would like this manager to take the job, because both have a very good relationship that dates back to their time in Barcelona.#Selección La camiseta de #Messi no se la puso nadie. ¿Y las del resto? Mirá quién cambió su número con respecto al Mundial y quién usa el del Kun, el de Di María, el de Otamendi y muchos más ➡ https://t.co/MiCbtQqTEO pic.twitter.com/1REXRlh2aB— Diario Olé (@DiarioOle) September 10, 2018Messi right now is only focused on the Catalan club, where he is practicing every day for next weekend when his squad travels to San Sebastian to face Real Sociedad in Anoeta Stadium. This visit has proved to be one of the most difficult matches for the Catalan club in recent years, which is why getting a victory is so important for Messi and his teammates. Just a few days after that game, Barcelona will begin its new Champions League journey as tournament favorites when they face Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven at the Camp Nou. It will be a busy week for FC Barcelona after the international break, but they will fortunately have many of their most important players well-rested like Lionel Messi because they didn’t travel with their national teams. As far as the number ’10’ controversy goes, the press from Argentina will keep complaining because they still don’t feel like Lionel is worthy of playing for his national team and they will forever feel offended when he gets compared with Diego Maradona.#Seleccion La respuesta de Scaloni sobre por qué no usan la 10: “Es exclusiva de Messi hasta que diga si va a seguir o no…” ➡ https://t.co/kMPW4pdYnO pic.twitter.com/mo8tSSuWbw— Diario Olé (@DiarioOle) September 10, 2018What do you think about the decision Scaloni made to retire Argentina’s number ’10’ shirt for the moment? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.