At the end of Chicago Fire‘s sixth season, Monica Raymund, who portrayed Gabby Dawson, announced she wouldn’t be back for season 7 and was ready to move on to new projects.Luckily, fans did get a chance to say goodbye after showrunner Derek Haas begged her to come back. She appeared twice in the season 7 premiere.“Last year, Monica let me know that she wasn’t going to come back. I was in denial,” Haas told Us at the time. “So she was like, ‘Derek, I love this character and have done this character for six years, but I have bigger, other ambitions.’ So, I was like, ‘OK, s—t.’ I wrote the ending of last season, and I will admit it was not the perfect … it wasn’t what I wanted to do in my head. We had planned pretty good in Puerto Rico, I just thought Casey would go get her and bring her back. Whatever. This summer, I saw her a couple of times. The first time, she was like, ‘Derek, I’m not doing it.’ Then the second time I was like, ‘Monica, please. I’m asking for one — literally one day, one episode. Can you come back?’ I think she took pity on me and came back and did it.”- Advertisement – For others, they put the character behind them, but when a show wraps, they decide to come back. Steve Carrell, for example, decided to exit The Office — and continuously said he wouldn’t be back. However, when the show came to an end in 2013, he couldn’t help appearing for one last laugh.For more stars who have exited TV shows only to come back later, scroll through the gallery below. – Advertisement – Saying goodbye is tough — staying away is even tougher. That’s the case for many stars in TV shows. Episodic TV, although it’s changing constantly in the midst of the streaming wars, isn’t a small commitment. Many dramas include 24 hour-long episodes per season, leaving little room for other projects.That said, many actors who decide it’s time to hang up their hat on a role they’ve played for years, later come back. Sometimes, they don’t even wait very long.- Advertisement –
Unusual numbers of cases were reported in 293 cities and parts of 17 provinces this year, the WHO said. All 30 provinces were affected by the outbreak. The vast majority of casesabout 52,000occurred from January through March, according to previous reports. Dengue fever is a flu-like illness involving headaches, rashes, cramps, and back and muscle pain. Symptoms last about 2 weeks, and the disease can be fatal if supportive treatment is delayed. Dengue hemorrhagic fever, a potentially deadly complication, is characterized by high fever; hemorrhagic phenomena, often with enlargement of the liver; and in severe cases, circulatory failure. May 12, 2004 (CIDRAP News) The dengue fever epidemic in Indonesia has subsided after 58,301 cases were reported in 4 months, which rivaled the pandemic year of 1998, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). May 11 WHO statementhttp://www.who.int/csr/don/2004_05_11a/en/ See also: More than 93% of the cases were in the Mekong Delta in southern Vietnam, where moist conditions provide ideal breeding grounds for mosquitoes, the AFP reported. The story said large outbreaks of the disease tend to occur every 4 or 5 years. Elsewhere, Vietnam had 8,784 dengue cases in the first 4 months of this year, a 47% increase from last year, according to an Agence France-Presse (AFP) report today. The cases included 14 deaths. There were 658 deaths among cases of dengue fever and dengue hemorrhagic fever reported from January through April, the WHO said yesterday. The case-fatality rate of 1.1% was lower than in previous years, officials said. “At the end of April the situation has returned to normal with all provinces reporting cases at a low level,” the WHO said. “Jakarta, Bali and Nus Tenggarah Timur, which were among the most affected provinces, are still being monitored closely.” A dengue pandemic in 1998 caused 1.2 million cases in 56 countries, the WHO reported. That year, Indonesia had 72,133 cases and 1,414 deaths, the agency said, adding, “The outbreak in Indonesia this year appears to be of similar magnitude.” As in 1998, Dengue 3 appeared to be the predominant virus serotype this year.
The newly renovated movement center in Laškovica, above Roški slap, is open to visitors of the Krka National Park, as a starting point for active visits to the middle course of the Krka and as another valuable visitor content in the Krka National Park.In the newly renovated center in Laškovica there are receptions, buffet, souvenir shop, office and storage space, as well as an external bathroom. A hall with sixty seats has been arranged and equipped for conferences, lectures and education, in which the exhibition “Krka in the eyes of researchers: a river in seven stories” was set up on this occasion. Visitors will be able to get all the necessary information about the Park, buy tickets or just relax.”The public institution ‘Krka National Park’ has a clear vision of development and management of its natural and cultural capacities and continuously works on nature conservation and expansion of visitor opportunities. This place is conceived as a starting point for an active tour of the Park through 29 km of hiking trails and 470 km of bike trails, which will soon be presented to nature lovers on two wheels. Thus, we are opening a new chapter in visiting the Krka National Park, which attracts true nature lovers, eager to discover the unknown Krka, and this center will provide them with all the necessary information along the way. “, pointed out the director of the Public Institution “Krka National Park”, M.Sc. sc. Krešimir Šakić.The movement center in Laškovica will also contribute to the improvement of the visiting system at Roški slap. Due to the fact that such a functional facility has been arranged in the immediate vicinity of the site, there is less need for significant infrastructural projects on Roški slap, the second most visited site in the Krka National Park, a place of exceptional natural beauty and rich cultural and historical heritage. The public institution will connect the center in Laškovica with Roški slap and thus give additional value to the quality of visiting and the experience of the environment.
The HIA has released its latest Housing Affordability Index. Image: AAP/Dave Hunt.HIA’s Affordability Index is calculated for each of the eight capital cities and regional areas on a quarterly basis and takes into account latest dwelling prices, mortgage interest rates and wage developments. More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus19 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market19 hours ago“Affordability in Sydney improved by 1.9 per cent as a result of the reduction in dwelling prices over the past six months, while in Melbourne the outcome was largely unchanged as price growth remains solid,” HIA senior economist Shane Garrett said. But Digital Finance Analytics principal Martin North said the index did not necessarily take account of the tighter lending standards currently in play. RECORD $11.6M BEACHFRONT SALE SWITCH ON THE LUXURY PROPERTY CONFIDENCE AT RECORD HIGH Housing affordability has improved in Australia’s capital cities, according to the HIA. Image: AAP/Sam Mooy.HOUSING affordability has improved in most of Australia’s capital cities in 2018, thanks mostly to price falls in Sydney.The Housing Industry Association’s latest Affordability Index reveals homes became 0.2 per cent more affordable in the first three months of the year.But the improvement was limited by strong home price growth in markets like Melbourne and Hobart. GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HERE Housing affordability has improved in most of Australia’s capital cities in 2018, according to the HIA. Image: AAP/Paul Miller.“In any case, in most centres, affordability is still well below the long term averages,” he noted.Mr Garrett said the current interest rate settings continued to benefit affordability, but it remained a challenge in the larger capital cities.“The root cause of the problem is that the cost of producing new houses and apartments is still too high,” he said.“Governments need to focus on solutions involving lower land costs, a more nimble planning system and a lighter taxation burden on new home building.” A house for sale in Sydney. Image: AAP/Paul Miller.
Tottenham winger Gareth Bale will not feature for Wales in Wednesday’s friendly against the Republic of Ireland in Cardiff. Press Association The 24-year-old trained on his own at Wales’ Newport base on Monday afternoon but his fitness will not be risked as he recovers from a foot injury. Bale, who has not played for Spurs in nearly a month, has been widely linked with a world record transfer to Real Madrid. Bale was understood to be concerned at doing further damage to his foot with the move potentially on the horizon, and a statement on the official FAW website said: “Gareth was keen to join up with the squad and Tottenham were more than happy for him to do so. “He trained alone and will not feature in the game on Wednesday.” Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas had said last weekend he did not expect Bale to be fit for the north London club’s Barclays Premier League opener against Crystal Palace on Sunday, but the winger travelled to south Wales to meet up with his international team-mates on Monday morning. Despite being unavailable to play the Republic of Ireland, Spurs are happy for Bale to remain in camp with Wales where he will continue to train and will be in the stands at Cardiff City Stadium on Wednesday evening. Bale is the third player that has been ruled out for Wales. Earlier, Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey and West Ham defender James Collins withdrew from the squad with ankle and knee injuries respectively. Swansea full-back Jazz Richards and Brighton midfielder Andrew Crofts have been called up as replacements.
ATHLETES attached to the Guyana Police Force Track Club dominated the 10th hosting of the Jefford Track and Field Classic in Linden on Sunday, winning most of the marquee events. The Jefford Classic, hosted at the Mackenzie Sports Club ground over the last decade, has blossomed to become the country’s premier grass track event.Cassie Small easing over the finish line to win the women’s 400M at the Jefford Track and Field Classic.Unlike the previous years when the lucrative cash prizes went to the clubs, the organisers for the 10th anniversary decided to ensure that the athletes are directly compensated.Cassie Small won the 100m (12.02s), 200m and 400m (one minute, 03.7s), while Natasha Alder also came up big, winning the women’s Shot Put (12.55m) as well as the women’s Discuss event (37.92m). In the Shot Put, Aneesa DeAbreu (12.20m) was second, while Saphina Vanderstoop (10.80m) came third. Vanderstoop (33.90m) was second to Alder in the discus event, while DeAbreu (32.43m) took the bronze.Meanwhile, Davin Fraser clocked 10.37s to win the men’s 100m ahead of Noelex Holder (10.62s) and Owen Adonis (10.8s).In the women’s 800m, Javina Sampson ran two minutes, 28 seconds to beat Kezra Murray (2:30.01) and Aliyah Moore (2:33.5). And in the 400m, Sampson (1:04.0s) was second to Small, while Moore (1:07.0s) was third. Winston Dummett won the men’s 400m, running 52.1s. Samuel Lynch (52.9s) and Daniel Melville (53.1s) were second and third respectively.: A section of the jubilant crowd that was on hand at the Mackenzie Sports Club ground to witness the 10th edition of the Jefford Track and Field Classic.The men’s 1500 metres saw Anfernee Headecker putting on a show when he ran four minutes, 23.6s to edge Linden’s and fellow Police Track Club athlete Winston Messenger (4:26.7s) and Royston Fordyce (4:27.4s). Anthony Williams leaped a distance of 6.83m to win the male long jump ahead of Damon Williams (6.72m) and Tremaine Brown (6.63m).Tasnica Lovell (5.32m) defeated Shaundel Browne (4.88m) and Leoni Adams (4.69m) to win the female long jump event.All the athletes received their cash prizes at the presentation ceremony, along with their respective medals.The Guyana Police Force won both the male and female 4X100m and 4X400m relays. Edison Jefford said he was pleased with the athletes’ performance at the event.
B&H football representation will conduct today a training in Guaruja, and at 14:00 (local time) will travel to Sao Paulo, where players and delegation will fly to Cuiaba.B&H representation will play the second match of the world championship on 21 June, at the Arena Pantal in Cuiaba against Nigeria. Thanks to the response of the B&H football association leadership and with the permission of FIFA, B&H delegation after the match in Cuiaba, at 22:30 (Local time) will travel to Salvador instead of returning to Guaruja, as was planned earlier.The last match of the F group between B&H and Iran is on 25 June, in Salvador, at the Arena Fonte Nova.(Source: Fena)